Friday, February 22, 2019

The Darkest Day


Well I knew this day was coming eventually, even when I first started the label. Well I guess its time, it has been a crazy wild ride throughout these last 7 and a half years. Met a lot of great people and worked with some great artists all around the world. 49 physical releases with some really cool packaging on some, ranging from CDrs, to cassettes and even a lathe release. Also putting out a compilation just about every year. I've enjoyed what I did with Darker Days Ahead and I think it turned out like I thought it would when planning it. I didn't really know how long or far it would last but I am proud of what it accomplished in its time.  

In the last few years Darker Days Ahead has slowed its output for a few reasons and now I think its a good time to officially end it. Will it come back? Possibly, but highly unlikely.

Thanks to anyone that participated or interacted with Darker Days Ahead, thanks to the people who submitted their music, traded, distributed, reviewed, bought or sold our merch, spread our name or just said hi at shows or through email. Thanks for all the memories and helping build this small legacy.

Anything left in stock will be sold here:
https://www.discogs.com/seller/crschum/profile

And the entire DDA catalog will always be available here digitally:
https://darkerdaysahead.bandcamp.com/

Into eternity...

R.I.P.
Darker Days Ahead
2011-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment